Join us to create more opportunities for the youth!
The Michaëlle Jean Foundation is seeking a new Board Member to assist the Foundation in using the power of Art, Culture, Education and Innovation to create opportunities for marginalized and underserved youth across Canada.
Established in 2011, the Michaëlle Jean Foundation supports inclusive youth initiatives and organizations nationwide, leveraging arts, education and entrepreneurship as tools to create new solutions to pressing social issues and create opportunities for inclusive and constructive dialogues. We believe the arts, culture, creative ideas, innovative practices, skills-building and education can transform the lives of underserved youth and ignite some truly transformational leadership. The Michaëlle Jean Foundation has supported 1,000,000+ youth to date through its programs, partnerships and initiatives.
The Member Role
- Serve as a member of a collegial body that is committed to the advancement of organizational leadership, social justice, community development and creative art-based initiatives.
- Work to promote the voices of young people and propose ideas and actions to create social change.
- Provide technical and professional input, advice and guidance on the direction of the Foundation.
- Participate fully in governance and decision-making activities.
- Raise the profile of the Foundation in the community.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Meet three (3) times per year to govern and oversee the management of the Foundation. All Board Members are also expected to serve on at least one Committee and attend Committee meetings as required.
- Canadian citizen
- Experience in leadership and demonstrated community commitment in one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas.
- Demonstrated financial competency
- Fluency in both French and English is central to the Foundation’s values and will be considered an asset in the selection process
The Foundation’s inclusive policies, practices, and behaviors nurture and value different perspectives. As the Foundation remains committed to increasing the diversity of the Board of Directors, it would like to encourage applications from Indigenous people, as well as members of Black, racialized and LGBTQ2S communities.
Please submit a letter of interest telling us about yourself and describing what social justice issues you’re passionate about.
Application process details
Submit a letter of interest, including providing two (2) references via email to: email@example.com. Deadline: March 25, 2022.