The Fondation Michaëlle Jean Foundation is seeking to fill a youth position within our Board of Directors.
This position is designated for a young person (age 18-30) with an interest in organizational leadership and a passion for social justice, community development and creative art-based initiatives.
As a Youth Board Member serving a three-year term, you will contribute to advancing the Foundation’s mission to be a catalyst for social change. The Fondation Michaëlle Jean Foundation’s vision is to contribute to a Canada where young people contribute innovative solutions and are socially engaged in their communities. We support programs and initiatives that give young people a platform to amplify their voices and to take actions. We believe the arts, culture, creative ideas, innovative practices, skill building and education can transform the lives of underserved youth and ignite some truly transformational leadership.
The candidate will be chosen by the co-founders and co-presidents with the unanimous support of the Board of Directors, and will be a full member of the Board of Directors in a volunteer capacity, as required by the NPF Act. As the selected candidate, you will be expected to advance the Foundation’s mission, participate in its development, work to promote the voices of young people and propose ideas and actions to create social change.
Please submit a letter of interest telling us about yourself and describing what social justice issues you’re passionate about.
Do you use the arts as a means to communicate about social and community issues? The Michaёlle Jean Foundation would love to see any created content or material you believe represents your views, opinions and what you are passionate about.
– Canadian citizen between the ages of 18-30
– Experience in leadership and demonstrated community commitment in one or more of the Foundation’s priority areas.
– The Fondation Michaëlle Jean Foundation takes into consideration applications from members of black, indigenous, racialized and LGBTQ2S communities.
– Fluency in both French and English is central to the Foundation’s values and will be considered as an asset qualification in the selection process
Application process details —> Submit a letter of interest, including providing 2 references, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 30
- Watch now: Breaking Barriers in Education July 21, 2021
- Project Coordinator for our Halifax Summit in 2022! July 21, 2021
- Youth Board Member Position July 15, 2021