Creative Youth Entrepreneurship Program provides young creatives with an introduction and necessary foundation to entrepreneurship.
In collaboration with other youth-serving organizations in Ottawa, we will deliver a six-month pilot training initiative for individuals between the ages of 17-30, who identify as artists, innovators, or creatives, and possess a desire to acquire a solid introduction to entrepreneurship and venture creation.
The program will prioritize Black, Indigenous, racialized, newcomer, and LGBTQ2+ participants. The program will include hybrid, in-class, practical, mentorship and business shadowing activities.
Note: participants will also have direct access to resources and connections from the public, private, and business sectors, as well as the broader community.
- Remove barriers for youth to engage in creative entrepreneurship and social enterprise via their art form.
- Create a collaborative entrepreneurial youth network for motivation, information, advice, and partnerships.
- Établir un réseau de mentorat pour transmettre des connaissances et de l’expérience, mettre en évidence les compétences générales requises et encourager l’éducation et la formation.
- Create a framework in preparation for a national program rollout.
- Must be between 17 and 30 years of age
- Must be an artist or involved in a creativity-related activity
- Must have a strong desire to learn about entrepreneurship
- Must successfully complete an assessment period
Other program information
Participants will be offered stipends.
Participants who successfully complete the program will be given access to start-up funding.